Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Coupon Binder details and stacking coupons....

A coupon binder will save you time and money!!! You will need the following to get started:

1.) 2 packs of baseball card holders (at least depending on the amount of coupons you have)
35ct found at walmart. My Walmart carries them up front with the baseball cards not with the office supplies. They are about 5.49 each.

2.) Sheet protectors at least 2 25ct or 1 50 pack depending on sale price. Price may vary I got mine at walmart and its about 4.99 for a 50 count. Feel free to get yours through Staple or office max if you have coupons.

3.) Larger three ring binder preferably one that zips if not a regular one is OK.

You will need to go to this website in order to organize your binder into categories:
http://thekrazycouponlady.com/2010/09/24/how-to-start-your-coupon-binder-this-ones-for-you-kathie-lee/

I find that I personally like to break them down further in my binder but this is definitely a great start to those of you who are just beginning. Use all 36 categories (yes 36) you will need them to stay organized! On this website it gives you the basics on the how too when it comes to setting up. Trust me it will be a life saver. Until I was introduced by a friend named Sherry I had no clue on how to organize. I tried envelopes, paper clips, folders. I have been saving money for a while now but never as much as I have been with the binder!

Another thing I did personally is inserted plastic folders in my binder where I keep individual store coupons, restaurant coupons, retail etc. I just label mine by store, then rest and retail.

I never shop with a list that I made before seeing whats on sale. I always plan my menus by whats on sale. If you have room you can stock pile items that are on sale. I don't do this often because I don't have the room but if you do great!

Combining coupons

Some of y'all don't know that you can combine manufacturers coupons with store coupons at some participating stores. It may be resourceful to carry the company coupon policies with you in your binder. Some cashiers are miss informed and can give you a hard time. It does not always happen but can happen. I know that Target,Walgreens and my grocery store H.E.B. do have this policy in place if you unsure whether your store does or not you can visit their website and print it out. I would not suggest asking the store manager as they aren't always 100% sure! Believe me I have had to educate a few lol! Let me give you an example of stacking coupons:

ex; Target has colgate toothpaste on sale for $1.99

you have a coupon clipped for 1.00 off

combine with Target coupon for 1.00 off

You get .01 back and the item free!! Its as simple as that. Some stores do not allow you to get cash back but you can at Target. You can find some target coupons in your Sunday flyer's and on their website.
http://coupons.target.com/mcp/pd.cfm?encp=bw3Edh8NsU3vzmfu%2BCqxk1gE5kAdfbx6dC45DH8m6FuvNQDwYVl3xOH31DkRj79yzb%2BSNmiA400O%0D%0ABmnS5K0e6TEN9YkUiIINbQvEEUdEU%2BN3drooBr%2BApNxO9HEloNAgbOBwivYz0%2FAJyayIKJvni4dn%0D%0Ae7aQDDUSAV8GygFzvXs%3D

You can also sign up for mobile coupons which do differ from the website!

Stores such as Walgreens and CVS offer register rewards. Often you can get a product for fee or inexpensive and get a coupon with cash value to spend in the store.

Ex: Walgreens Venus 4 pk razors 6.99
walgreens coupon -2.00
Manufacturers coupon-4.00
Register Rewards $4.00

Total cash out of pocket:.99
But you receive 4.00 back in register rewards so you can use this towards your next purchase.

Sometimes I will get the products that have register rewards then use the cash back towards the rest of the items I am getting! Walgreens coupons can be found in thier flyers.

You can also use coupons on clearance!

Example my H.E.B. (local grocery store in Texas) had St. Ives bath wash on clearance for .75. They also had an in store coupon for 1.00 off for a total cash profit of .25 cents!!!

Coupon sources:

Red Plum
http://www.redplum.com/

P&G

http://www.pgeverydaysolutions.com/pgeds/index.jsp

Smart Source

http://smartsource.com/smartsource/index.jsp?Link=5S2ZUA6PWPEPO

Think you don't have time?

Commit don't quit!

Its easy there are websites that do all the work for you! All you have to do is Clip,Click, Print, Shop! What do I mean by they do all the work? They take all the hard stuff and leave you with the fun by doing all the savings calculating! These websites will tell you where to shop, how to shop (what coupons to use), how much your total will be and you can even print a list for each store!!! All you have to do is Clip your Sundays coupons, Click on the website, Print new coupons they tell you to use and your shopping list then your off to Shop! Really its that easy!!!

Love this site in particular:

http://coupondivas.com

Use this site as well:

http://thekrazycouponlady.com

Get your kids involved! They are amazed at how much money you can save and my daughter knows she don't get what she wants unless mom has a coupon so this makes her want to help! She also loves to guess how much we are going to save!! She now looks for the best bargain and is learning to stretch a buck! There are lost more tricks but I hope this helps y'all to get started!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment